Good morning Healthy Hearts Club! Every day for American Heart Month, we’re posting a quick tip to help you eat for a healthier heart. Here’s today’s tip:
Pack a power salad: Pack a salad for lunch and be sure to toss in some fresh spinach and sliced almonds: both of these ingredients are good sources of magnesium, a mineral that plays a role in maintaining healthy blood pressure. Two cups of raw spinach supplies 12% of the daily value for magnesium and 1 ounce of almonds supplies 21% DV.
Every day for American Heart Month, we’re posting a quick tip to help you eat for a healthier heart. Join the Healthy Hearts Club group for daily heart-healthy tips throughout the month of February.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)