In spite of this misery of rain that has battered us this month (the rainiest April on record here), I'm pleased to say that in addition to the perennials awakening out in the vegetable beds, and the transplants growing away under their snug tunnels, seeds I planted last week are up: peas and favas, spinach, arugula, calendula, mistincanza, chervil, and lettuce! This moment of the garden bursting with new green (through the mist and wind) fills me with joy more than even the sweet daffodils do (though they're wonderful, too).
And inside, I just transplanted a rosemary seedling and a bay laurel tree into bigger pots, where they'll live for the summer before needing even bigger pots when it's time to come in for the winter.
How about you? What's growing in your garden right now? Have you planted seeds? Are you already picking peas? Are you just turning the soil over or making plans to dig a new garden bed? How about container and windowsill gardens--have you put tomatoes in patio pots? Thyme? Peppers? Tell us about your spring garden greenings!
What's growing in your garden right now? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)