How to gauge how much is too much.
It isn’t often that we eat with measuring cups or scales, so how can we determine if we are eating the 1 oz slice of bread or
the ½ cup of brown rice? Here, EatingWell shares some of our tricks.
* 1 tablespoon of peanut butter: about the size of an egg, cut in half lengthwise.
* 1 cup of cereal: the size of an average person’s fist
* 1 oz. French bread: the size and shape of half a deck of cards
* 5 oz glass of wine: It should be filled to the fattest part of the glass, about half way depending on the type of wine
* 3 oz. cooked flank steak: about 5 thin slices