Meet the so-called "functional" foods featuring cholesterol-lowering plant sterols and stanols.
From smart margarines to chocolate bars, these “functional” foods, featuring cholesterol-lowering plant sterols and stanols,
have been developed to help combat high LDL “bad” cholesterol. They are among a growing list of products marketed to
consumers concerned about heart health.
If you choose to sample any of the products listed here, keep in mind that all carry a dose of calories along with their
heart healthy features.
* Benecol Regular and Light Spreads
* Take Control Regular and Light Spreads
* Smart Balance Omega Plus Buttery Spread
* Minute Maid Premium Heart Wise orange juice
* Nature Valley Healthy Heart Chewy Granola Bars
* Yoplait Healthy Heart Yogurt
* Rice Dream Heartwise Rice Drink
* Lifetime Low Fat Cheese