Rachael Ray Made an Epic Lunch Spread for Her Husband's Golf Outing—and We Want Everything
Dine out while traveling on $40 a Day, whip up 29(!) seasons-worth of 30-Minute Meals, donate $4 million to support food-related causes impacted by the coronavirus, host a talk show from her upstate New York home during a pandemic...there's little Rachael Ray can't do.
And now, she can possibly add the world's best lunch-packer to her list of accomplishments. Just take a look at this lunch she packed for her husband's "first friend outing in months," according to her inspiring Instagram post.
For John Cusimano's masked-up golf day out with pals, Ray loaded up a cooler of water and beer, then built individual charcuterie boxes (because, 2020) for each golf ace to fuel their round. And these are not your standard Lunchable look-a-likes. A peek at the menu is about enough to make us want to dust off our clubs and follow suit!
In the feast kits for the "long day," according to Ray, she packed:
- Smoked filet mignon baguettes with horseradish, dijon mustard, sour cream sauce, watercress, radishes, shallots and cornichons
- Cured duck meat ribboned with cherries, rosemary and pepper
- Prosciutto wraps with taleggio and sage
- Bresaola wraps with plums, green tomatoes, micro basil and thick-aged balsamic
- Local aged goat cheese with honey, hazelnuts and blueberries
- Drunken goat cheese with blackberry
- Oscar's Smokehouse Hickory Smoked Imported Blue Cheese with micro celery
- Truffle mousse with capers on baguette slices
- Country-style pork pate with shallots and dijon cornichons
- Maple-smoked chèvre on sourdough crackers
- Sottocenere truffle cheese
- Mixed salami
Whew! After all that assembling and building, we hope Ray kept a kit for herself to enjoy alongside an Ina-sized cosmo. If you want to follow suit for a safely distant golf day or safe outdoor gathering but don't quite have the time and epic cheese and meat options that Ray does, consider these easy bento box meals or one of these simple appetizer boards packed in eco-friendly Recyclable Kraft Takeout Boxes ($19.99 for 50, amazon.com).
Aside from her cooking chops, one of the things we love most about the celebrity chef is her sunny outlook on life. If you keep up with Ray on social media, you may know that her home recently sustained damaged from a fire. Thankfully, everyone in her home walked out unscathed, and Ray Tweeted on August 10: "Thank you to our local first responders for being kind and gracious and saving what they could of our home. Grateful that my mom, my husband, my dog… we’re all okay. These are the days we all have to be grateful for what we have, not what we’ve lost."