- Full-time: 40 hours/week
- Location: EatingWell office, Shelburne, VT
- Salary commensurate with experience. Position reports to the creative director.
- Apply Here
This position is responsible for designing headlines, logos, special sections and features; designing and managing brand standards and templates; must have a strong grasp of organizing information in an accessible way; must understand basic page hierarchy. The successful candidate must be able to work on multiple projects at once and manage time accordingly. This is a fast-working environment.
This designer will be primarily focused on the EatingWell brand but will also dedicate some time to Diabetic Living magazine. For EatingWell, the team produces about 85 pages per issue (10x/yr). For Diabetic Living, the team produces 80 pages per issue (4x/yr).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree.
- 5-8 years in the art department of a consumer magazine or agency.
- Design magazine sections from concept to completion.
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics.
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software.
- Apply typography techniques.
- Maintain brand consistency.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a power user in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Knowledge of the printing process helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong aesthetic skills, with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
- Attention to visual detail.
- Able to juggle many responsibilities.
- Must work well with others and be invested in collaborating with the editorial team.
- Ability to multitask without drama.