- Full-time: 40 hours/week
- Location: EatingWell office, Shelburne, VT
- Salary commensurate with experience. Position reports to the editor-in-chief.
- Apply Here
The Senior Editor assigns, edits and writes feature articles and columns each issue, collaborating with top editors and working closely with the art department on this very visually focused, food- and health-oriented brand. The editor in this position will generate well-packaged and creative story ideas sourced internally and from food, nutrition, travel and wellness experts. Tapping the talents of new writers and bringing forth story ideas that are both original to the brand and worth sharing in social media will be a key to success in this position.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Six years related experience at a large consumer magazine. Must have experience assigning articles to freelance writers.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills across a variety of different subjects, including food and wellness.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong visual sense; ability to determine what makes a food or lifestyle story visually compelling.
- Skilled display-copy and cover-line writer.
- Able to juggle many responsibilities.
- Should have a strong interest in, and preferably background in, editing and/or writing about food and wellness.
- Must work well with others and be invested in collaborating with the editorial team.