Just like Oprah loves bread, I love peanut butter. There is never a day that my pantry is peanut-butter-less. I could easily eat the stuff by the spoonful, and sometimes do.
Lately, my go-to treat has been these delicious peanut butter balls: all that nutty goodness wrapped up in smooth chocolate, not to mention the endless options for added flavors and textures you can mix in. These little bites of goodness make a great grab-and-go treat without all the calories and added sugars you get with other peanut butter cups. Another great thing about these? You can customize them to meet your taste preferences or dietary needs—swap out the peanut butter for almond butter or sunflower seed butter if you (or someone you know) is allergic to nuts. Voila! An easy, healthy treat that works for everyone.
Here's the formula for deliciousness:
1. Choose Your Nut Butter: Try peanut, almond, cashew or sunflower seed.
2. Mix-Ins: Add shredded coconut, crisped-rice cereal, chopped nuts, crushed pretzels, graham cracker crumbs or rolled oats to the nut butter and roll into balls.
3. Freeze: Chill the balls on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet until firm, about 15 minutes.
4. Dip 'Em: Melt chocolate of your choosing—I'm a dark-chocolate fan—and get dipping.
5. Finishing Touches: Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, a bit of your mix-in or a drizzle of chocolate for garnish.
Need a little inspiration before making your own combinations? Try one of these winning pairs:
Watch How to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Balls