Employment Opportunity: Freelance Social Media Assistant
EatingWell is looking for a part-time freelance social media assistant to work with our digital editorial team. This position is based in the Burlington, Vermont area, but we will consider remote candidates. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media Assistant in the subject line.
The Social Media Assistant will report to the EatingWell Social Media Manager and will be responsible for maintaining the brand’s social media platforms, especially Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. The Social Media Assistant will pitch ideas to the site editors, attend editorial planning meetings and may occasionally write for the site, as needed to support social. Weekend work required. This position may also help support the social team on other Meredith (EatingWell's parent company) food brands, as needed.
- Assist the Social Media Manager with content planning, creation and execution for EatingWell’s social channels
- Authentically engage with the brand’s followers on our social media platforms.
- Monitor social and video analytics to inform the brand’s social, site, and video strategy
- Contribute pitches to daily, weekly, monthly editorial brainstorms
- Be up for any project, from writing photo captions to resizing images and producing galleries.
- Research emerging social trends and incorporate new platform features to optimize social media strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Journalism, Public Communications or related field
- Have 1-2 years of professional experience in social media for a food or lifestyle brand
- Experience working in Facebook Insights, TrueAnthem and Google Analytics strongly preferred
- Master of visual communication with excellent writing skills and editorial judgment
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Love brainstorming new ideas, have a sharp eye, and can create your own graphics/shoot video
- Expert at consistently writing creative, on-brand copy for social posts
- Passionate for all things food and social media
- When it comes to analyzing numbers, staying on top of industry trends and platform changes and sharing social food content
- Social changes all the time, we move fast and make adjustments regularly. Able to launch on new platforms as they arise
- Available for social support as needed on evenings and weekends or whenever duties call