How to Juice: 6 Steps & Expert Tips
Making fresh juice at home loaded with nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables is easy when you follow these simple steps and
tips from the EatingWell Test Kitchen.
1. Wash all fruits, vegetables and herbs well—no need to dry them.
2. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for juicing—every juicer machine is different.
3. Add the most delicate ingredients first, such as leafy greens and herbs.
4. Follow with soft vegetables and/or fruits (tomatoes, berries, etc.).
5. Finish with hard vegetables and/or fruits (apples, celery, etc.). Our recipe ingredients
are listed in this order.
6. Drink fresh juice within a day or freeze it.