What’s the best diet plan for your personality?
I love reading diet plans. The idea of having meals mapped out for me is so appealing, even though in reality I'm more of a "wing it" type who's better off having a variety of healthy foods around to choose from. As a registered dietitian, I know that when you're trying to lose weight, it's important to find the diet strategies that actually work with your personality rather than against it-completely eliminating your favorite food or planning to cook 3 meals a day when you hate to cook, for instance, could set you up for failure. At EatingWell Magazine (where I'm the associate nutrition editor), we've homed in on 4 diet "plans" that can work for different personalities.
Related:6 Secrets to Losing Weight for Good
- Personality Type: Food Lover
- Diet Plan to Try: The Delicious 500-Calorie Dinner Diet
- Trying to overhaul every meal every day can be overwhelming. Tackling just one meal-dinner-and making sure it's healthy and sensible in calories can make for a more manageable goal. EatingWell's 500-calorie dinner dietmaps out 5 weeks of 500-calorie dinner menus, 5 days a week. Most important, the dinners are delicious, so you won't feel deprived (they even include treats like wine and dessert).
- Personality Type: Commitment-Phobe
- Diet Plan to Try: The 7-Day Diet Plan
- If you like the idea of trying out a diet, but don't know if you can do it for the long haul, EatingWell has the solution for you. The brand-new7-day diet plangives you 7 days of delicious, satisfying meals and snacks, with even more calorie levels to choose from (1,200-2,000). It could be just the thing to kick-start some healthy eating...commitment-free!
- Personality Type: You Don't Naturally Plan Ahead
- Diet Plan to Try: A 28-Day Meal Plan for a Slimmer You
- Hate to plan, but love to follow a plan? EatingWell's dietitians have created a28-day diet meal plan. Just choose your calorie level (1,200, 1,500 or 1,800 calories) and find the meals and snacks you should eat each day for a whole month to help you reach your diet goals.
- Personality Type: Planner
- Diet Plan to Try: The EatingWell Diet Challenge
- If you're ready to take on some serious and lasting changes, then you're ready to check out theEatingWell Diet Challenge. This 12-week program combines clinically tested weight-loss principles with delicious recipes and helpful diet tools (think food diaries and menu planners) for a comprehensive approach to successful weight loss. You'll learn a new strategy each week that helps you build healthy eating into your day-to-day life.
More from EatingWell: