Get-skinny summer desserts (under 200 calories)
In the summer I like to eat light, fresh meals, which means I have more than enough room for a tasty dessert. But I don't want to pile on a bunch of calories at the end of a meal. So I like to turn to my repertoire of super-easy low-calorie desserts. As long as they're not loaded with tons of cream, it's easy to make them delicious but still relatively slim. Here are some of my favorites.
Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
Kids will love dipping bananas in melted chocolate and rolling them in coconut to make this tasty frozen treat.
Calories per serving: 100
- Watermelon Slush
- Just whir up chunks of watermelon with ice, lime juice, water and a little sugar and you've got an amazing homemade take on a slurpee...but with only 48 calories! Add a little gin and this recipe will serve you well for cocktail hour.
- Calories per serving: 48
- Blueberries with Lemon Cream
- This recipe is like an instant lemon-blueberry cheesecake. All you do is top the fresh berries with a simple blend of vanilla yogurt and reduced-fat cream cheese flecked with lemon zest.
- Calories per serving: 156
- Mocha Pops
- Whip up these mocha pops early in the day and they'll be ready after dinner. A little of the cocoa settles at the bottom as they freeze, leaving a chocolaty surprise on the top once the pop is unmolded. At only 54 calories, this dessert is a healthier alternative to many frozen coffee drinks (and you don't have to leave the house!).
- Calories per serving: 54
- Tropical Fruit Ice
- This super-easy recipe combines passion fruit concentrate, water and lime juice for an exotic ice with intense flavor. Top it with sliced fresh mango, pineapple or papaya.
- Calories per serving: 84