Get-skinny summer desserts (under 200 calories)
In the summer I like to eat light, fresh meals, which means I have more than enough room for a tasty dessert. But I don't want to pile on a bunch of calories at the end of a meal. So I like to turn to my repertoire of super-easy low-calorie desserts. As long as they're not loaded with tons of cream, it's easy to make them delicious but still relatively slim. Here are some of my favorites.
Kids will love dipping bananas in melted chocolate and rolling them in coconut to make this tasty frozen treat.
Calories per serving: 100
- Watermelon Slush
- Just whir up chunks of watermelon with ice, lime juice, water and a little sugar and you've got an amazing homemade take on a slurpee...but with only 48 calories! Add a little gin and this recipe will serve you well for cocktail hour.
- Calories per serving: 48
- Blueberries with Lemon Cream
- This recipe is like an instant lemon-blueberry cheesecake. All you do is top the fresh berries with a simple blend of vanilla yogurt and reduced-fat cream cheese flecked with lemon zest.
- Calories per serving: 156
- Mocha Pops
- Whip up these mocha pops early in the day and they'll be ready after dinner. A little of the cocoa settles at the bottom as they freeze, leaving a chocolaty surprise on the top once the pop is unmolded. At only 54 calories, this dessert is a healthier alternative to many frozen coffee drinks (and you don't have to leave the house!).
- Calories per serving: 54
- Tropical Fruit Ice
- This super-easy recipe combines passion fruit concentrate, water and lime juice for an exotic ice with intense flavor. Top it with sliced fresh mango, pineapple or papaya.
- Calories per serving: 84