Going vegetarian may benefit everyone, including you!
Three in 100 American adults call themselves vegetarians. Try it part-time by going meat-free one or two days a week. (Below,
stats to inspire you.) With bountiful
, it’s easy!
1. 20% of the world’s population could be fed with the grain and soybeans used to feed U.S.
2. 5,000: gallons of water it takes to produce 1 pound of meat.
3. 25: gallons of water it takes to produce 1 pound of wheat.
4. 30% of the world’s land is involved in livestock production.
5. 4.5% more greenhouse gases are produced worldwide by animal farming than by transportation.
6. 20% reduction in meat consumption would have the same impact as switching from a standard
sedan (e.g., Camry) to an ultra-efficient vehicle (e.g., Prius).