I’m bonkers for all the mushrooms, beef and creamy sauce in beef stroganoff. I could just bathe myself in it. OK…maybe not
bathe. But how about bathe a bunch of egg noodles in the luscious sauce and then chow it down! That sounds like a serious
to me and one that’s an easy crowd pleaser. Plus our recipe only takes 40 minutes
start to finish.
Our secrets to keeping it light are:
• We use flank steak, which is a relatively lean cut of beef.
• We make sauce with beef broth thickened with a little flour.
• Instead of heavy cream in the sauce, we just stir in a little reduced-fat sour cream at the
• The sauce is rich-tasting from a touch of cognac and plenty of portobello mushrooms.
• Serve over whole-wheat egg noodles, which have the added benefit of fiber.
Here are two more of my favorite comfort-food recipes starring beef:
Chicken-Fried Steak &